Helloooo! Happy New Year! Yes, I realize that it’s January 19th. Sorry for the long hiatus. I got a new camera for Christmas and I haven’t had time to figure out how to download the pictures. So, finally took the time to figure it out and here I am! Lots of stuff to share from Christmas, but in the meantime, I joined along in the Lark Books Doodle Stitch-Along with Aimee Ray. She is putting out one free design from her Motifs book each week and you can stitch it up. There is a Flickr group to play along.
I decided to make mine into a mini-quilt, so before starting my stitching, I created my quilt block with some rainbow blocks and white Kona (in Snow) in the middle. The rainbow blocks are made from sewing some 2.5″ strips from the Kona brights jelly roll together.
Here is my first week’s design of the gnome and mushroom! (You can download it here.) Isn’t he a cutie?
I used the following stitches and colors:
* Mushroom – Red 666 in a modified long-and-short stitch
* Mushroom stem – Taupe 3782
* Mushroom spots – Ecru in a satin stitch
* Little Swirls and dots – Aqua 3846 in a split stitch and french knots
* Hat – Green 906
* Belt – Orange 722
* Pants – Electric blue 995 (LOVE this color!) in that modified long-and-short stitch again
* Beard – Gray 415
I love the rainbow block outline. I can’t wait to see how it will look with all four blocks completed! Next up: Woodland Children!